Dynamic and creative editorial interns for Fort Lauderdale most exciting city/regional lifestyle magazine. Interns will have regular interaction with the editorial staff and explore the behind-the-scenes creation of a glossy magazine. Students will have the chance to see their name in print, executing articles from start to finish. Though headquartered in Miami Beach, interns will mostly work out of the Fort Lauderdale satellite office or remotely. NOTE: Internship is unpaid but can be used toward college credit, gaining on-the-job experience/training and possible letter of recommendation.
• Possess strong use of AP style Have fluid interviewing and writing skills
• Possess time and workflow management skills
• Be detail oriented and work well in a deadline-oriented environment
• Be familiar with InDesign, Wordpress, Photoshop and Microsoft Office
Responsibilities of the internship may include:
• Developing themes and content for social media platforms
• Executing and pitching story ideas
• Editing and fact-checking online and print content
• Writing FOB stories, profiles and features
• Basic data entry and Wordpress website content management
To apply: Email your resume and availability to email@example.com
The love of Fort Lauderdale is what brought Venice magazine to life. The publication’s title is in reference to the city’s affectionate nickname, the “Venice of America.” This is our home—and we are proud to showcase all the inspiring people, places, ideas and more that make up this city.
Venice is media company that producing high-quality magazines, websites and digital content. We have the best, brightest and boldest talent in the media industry—individuals who produce our world-class content and deliver unparalleled value for our business partners, while maintaining the highest level of character and ethics.
Venice magazine is an equal opportunity workplace. Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience. Salary is also commensurate with experience.