The Museum of Discovery and Science (MODS) to host To Fly weekends in August.
● Families can soar into MODS for an aviation and aerospace adventure! Future pilots, aviators, engineers and astronauts will take STEM challenges to new heights with To Fly weekends at MODS in the month of August, which include activities, exhibits, shows, demos, animal encounters and much more:
○ Ideas take flight! Families will test fizz pop rockets to figure out how real rockets launch into space, learn about the best materials for building planes and rockets, build flying cars at the Mechanical Engineer station and apply Newton’s Laws of Motion with a make-and-take aerodynamic rubber band helicopter.
○ Explore our To Fly Aviation Hall including The Hangar, an aviation-themed makerspace, Fly Zone, fully outdoor Physics Science Park, FPL Storm Center and Design! Build! Play! Keva! Enter into MODS’ 7D theater to view the movie, Inspiration Takes Flight.
○ Learn about animals that take flight, such as bats and insects, and creatures that can adapt to live in different environments!
○ Explore careers in aviation such as aerospace engineers, pilots, mechanics and aviation technicians and all who help planes take flight.
● Plus, make sure to catch an IMAX film on the GIANT screen!
August 6-7, August 13-14, August 20-21, August 27-28
Saturdays: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sundays: 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
To Fly programs are FREE with Museum admission. Tickets can be purchased online at mods.org/tickets or at the Museum’s Box Office upon arrival.
to our newsletter!